How to Practice Reiki Healing ?
Reiki is a healing practice that involves the channeling of universal life force energy to promote healing and balance in the recipient. Here are some general steps to perform Reiki:
- Preparation: Find a quiet and comfortable space where you can practice Reiki without distractions. Ensure that you and the recipient are both in a relaxed state of mind.
- Grounding and Centering: Take a few deep breaths to ground yourself and establish a sense of centeredness. You can visualize yourself being connected to the Earth or use any grounding technique that resonates with you.
- Set Intentions: Set clear intentions for the Reiki session, focusing on the recipient’s highest well-being and healing. You can silently or verbally affirm your intentions.
- Hand Positions: Start by placing your hands in a prayer position at your heart center to connect with the Reiki energy. Then, move your hands to various positions on or near the recipient’s body. Common hand positions include placing your hands on the head, shoulders, chest, abdomen, back, and limbs. Trust your intuition to guide you to the appropriate positions.
- Channeling Reiki Energy: With your hands in the chosen position, allow the Reiki energy to flow through you. You can visualize or feel the energy moving from your palms into the recipient’s body. Focus on being a clear and open channel for the healing energy to flow.
- Reiki Symbols (optional): If you have been attuned to Reiki symbols, you can incorporate them into your practice. These symbols are used to enhance specific aspects of the healing energy. Draw or visualize the symbols before or during the session, if you choose to use them.
- Be Present and Intuitive: As you continue the session, remain present and intuitive. Trust your instincts and let your hands be guided to areas that require more attention or energy. You may sense heat, tingling, or other sensations in your hands or the recipient’s body.
- Complete the Session: When you feel the Reiki session is complete, thank the Reiki energy for its healing and support. Gently remove your hands from the recipient’s body. You can offer the recipient a moment to rest and relax before concluding the session.
Remember that Reiki is a personal and intuitive practice, and each practitioner may have their unique approach. If you’re interested in learning Reiki, it is advisable to receive training and attunements from a qualified Reiki master to fully understand and practice this healing modality effectively.